October 30 - November 2, 2020
Our killer classic 3-day tour culminating in the epic Mani 200 – a 200km single day of epic climbs and enormous views on a dawn-to-dusk ride up and down the Mani peninsula.
€ 1000 book your trip now Contact us
This tour is our genesis, the raw and epic power of the Mani landscape, hitting all our favourite spots along the way. This is Greece’s answer to Big Sur, but more extreme and with barely a car on the roads let alone other riders.
We start in Sparta – which is fitting for this epic ride – and head out for our warm-up day with 100km of mountain gorges and cols. As we get to our summit on day 1 you’ll get those first sea views down to the Aegean. Day 2 is our big day – a 200km dawn-to-dusk ride we call the #Mani200. We snake and climb up and down the mountain along the spine of the Mani peninsula, hit the coast road and head all the way down to the far Southern tip of mainland Greece – Tenaro – the mythical home of Hades at the end of the earth. Expect to go from beach weather to black clouds and back, to windswept mountain tops to tavernas on the beach, all in one day. Day 3 is our chillout and warm down, a quick swim in the sea before breakfast and then back through the mountains.
We’ve got a lot of connections to this little bit of the world, and this is the best way we could think of to showcase everything that Pedal Greece stands for in a long weekend. We’ll take you to secret spots, the best food and the biggest views, and treat you to a truly epic ride. It’s tough but totally worth it. We’d recommend a high level of fitness and strong climbers.
Included with the trip:
- All accommodation (based on shared rooms for 2 people) in boutique hotels
- All food and drinks (at least all local wines, beers and spirits – don’t expect to be going out for cocktails)
- Transportation from either Kalamata (KLX) or Athens (ATH) airport – for Athens we suggest arriving the night before and flying out the morning after the ride
- Bike transport in Greece, set-up and tuning (we love our bikes and are sure you do too, so we’ll make sure you have no problems if you decide to bring your own)
- Support car for repairs, snacks and photo opportunities
- All Pedal Greece tours are fully guided and we bring pacers from top riding teams in Greece to make sure you’re pushed to your max
- Bike rental: we can arrange for various bikes, our standard is a Ridley Fenix C 105 with carbon frame and caliper breaks but tell us what you like and we’ll do our best to source it
- Professional sports photographer – if you’re part of a group and want the most epic Instagram posts we can add a sports photographer to the support car for daily photos and those big vista shots
- Extend your trip in Athens or the Peloponnese – just ask us and we can organize accommodation and an extended itinerary. We can also store you bike while you head off for more adventures
- Arrival and departure nights are available for €100 extra (including dinner on arrival) – let us know and we can help tailor your trip and travel to make the most of your time in Greece
A Closer Look